Nick Fogarty has been appointed the new Senior Product Manager at Electronic Navigation Ltd (ENL).
The role will see him oversee the Product Management direction of the company’s Multibeam Sounder System – WASSP as well as overseeing future product roll out for Furuno products into the New Zealand market.
Fogarty has been with ENL for over 15 years and has worked in various roles since 2008. From starting as a Technical Co-Ordinator, he has worked in Sales Engineer roles, Sales Manager, Systems Engineer, and a Senior Product Manager.
Head of Sales & Marketing for ENL Group, Richard Bowe says Fogarty’s appointment is part of ENL’s strategy of re-deploying key staff into more senior roles.
“Nick is widely known and respected in the Marine Industry here in New Zealand. His technical knowledge of the products is significant, and with that he also has a great understanding of the needs of the users,” says Mr Bowe.
“ENL and the wider Group have significant R&D planned for the coming years, particularly with our multibeam sounder system – WASSP. Nick will be critical in driving the product development and helping us to develop the technology for new markets.”
ENL’s head office is located in Glenfield, Auckland, with an extensive dealer network across the North and South Islands. ENL also has a secondary branch in Nelson which supports the South Island commercial fishing industry.
For further information:
Richard Bowe – Head of Sales & Marketing ENL Group
Ph: +64 21 477 500
ENL Group Press Office
Phone: +64 0274 960 260
With 78 years in the marine industry, ENL (Electronic Navigation Limited) is New Zealand’s premier marine electronics company.
Based in the marine nation of New Zealand, which has one of the world’s largest marine economic zones, ENL invests heavily in R&D to constantly push the boundaries. We develop software and hardware solutions for seabed surveying and mapping, defence, superyachts, commercial fishing, and workboats.
Our passion and commitment to real innovation is what sets us apart. We consistently bring game-changing technology to market, with cost-effective products that are easy to operate to make your life at sea easier.
We were established in 1945 and have remained a New Zealand-based privately-owned company. You’ll find our core business is built around innovation, supply, and service of quality marine electronic products.
- WASSP, an acronym for Wide Angle Sonar Seafloor Profiler, is a multibeam sonar system manufactured by ENL Group in New Zealand under ISO9001/2000 certification. Research and development of WASSP commenced in 2000 with the first system being sold in 2004.
- WASSP systems are designed, developed, and tested to meet the rigorous demands of the fishing industry, the professional and commercial marine industry, government agencies including Marine Police and Maritime Safety, hydrographic surveyors, divers, and explorers.
- WASSP provides high-resolution 3D bottom profiling, 2D bottom profiling, accurate backscatter, dynamic fish detection in the water column, traditional high-resolution commercial echo-sounder offering bottom-lock, triple beam and quint beam which can be licensed to suit individual customers when using the new WASSP DRX. New licensing arrangements are continuing to be developed or enhanced following the VOC (voice of the customer).
- WASSP has three core products, utilising the same core technology, aimed at different markets:
- S3 for the Survey market including dredging, dive site profiling, wreck hunting, and many other survey activities.
- F3 for the Fishing industry allowing the operator to get great detail on the seabed profile and hardness to ensure they are fishing efficiently and effectively in a sustainable way while avoiding rough areas that can damage expensive equipment.
- W3 allows for wireless connection with the WASSP sounder so a tender can survey for safe navigation in advance of the approaching mother ship. The W3 has proven very popular for mega yachts and military applications.
In addition to its Head Office in Auckland, New Zealand, WASSP has a sales and marketing office in Maldon, Essex in the UK covering EMEA and the Americas, and a worldwide network of accredited agents.
WASSP Ltd is owned by ENL Group, a well-established 78-year-old New Zealand company with its HQ based in Auckland, New Zealand and offices in Nelson and Maldon, Essex. Shareholders in ENL Group include FURUNO Electric Japan and the Hodson family.